Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday is PIE DAY!

Blue ribbon winner?
Nope. Not this year.
I finally decided to enter a pie in the Minnesota State Fair.
This is said pie.
Category: Apple
Looks like a winner to me.
Ah well.
Try try again, right?

I think there are all sorts of inside secrets to State Fair ribbonista status.
Frankly, I wish I had kept this pie and eaten it.
Who needs a ribbon when you have a mean slice of pie on your plate.

Happy, happy PIE DAY!
xo Christine


  1. Are you going to post the recipe? It looks really good and what do those judges know.

  2. Sorry I found the recipe. Thanks! Still say judges missed that call.

  3. It looks like a winner, too! xo Heather

  4. Oh my I really think something is up with those judges...this looks like a blue ribbon pie if I have ever seen one...and I know it tastes like one because I have tasted your pies before. Hope your weekend goes well at the junk fun fun.