Wednesday, January 16, 2013

January reading

January in Minnesota is best seen through with big stacks of books and a long Netflix queue.
I read a lot all year 'round, but this time of year our coffee and side tables groan a bit under the extra weight of winter reading materials. This is the stack currently holding my attention.

Creative, Inc
Meg Mateo Ilasco and Joy Deangdeelert Cho
Recharging my vision and focus for my freelance work this year.
If you are a creative freelancer, this book is a must!
Night Circus
Erin Morgenstern
This was a Christmas gift from a friend. I just finished it, and loved every minute of it.
A little magic, dreaming, and plenty of starry skies are a perfect antidote for winter.
Undoing
poems by James Cihlar
On my latest trip to the library, I was delighted to find
 this book of poemsby a local writer (and acquaintance!).
 I sometimes forget to read poetry regularly,
so I like getting gentle reminders to do so.
I've just barely dipped a toe into this collection,
and am looking forward to exploring these very personal portraits.
Whatever Happened to Sunday Dinner?
A year of Italian menus with 250 recipes that celebrate family
Lisa Caponigri
That is a very good question, and I love the idea
 of hosting Sunday dinners-
whether for family or created family.
 I'm compiling a list of recipes to try,
so maybe you'll get an invitation one of these days.....
Seed Savers Exchange Catalog
Seed catalogs are a staple for winter dreaming and scheming,
and Seed Savers offers a lot of eye candy. 
What will you be planting in your garden this spring?
If you are not yet familiar with Seed Savers,
please take a peek at their website and fall in love like I have.
Once There Were Castles
Lost Mansions and Estates of the Twin Cities
Larry Millet
My hubby and I are both like to geek out on architecture.
He is the one who picked this up on the last library trip,
but I can't stop gazing at the amazing craftsmanship and details in these homes

What are you reading?
Are you in a book club?

1 comment:

  1. Unquestionably believe that which you said. Your favorite justification appeared to be on the internet the easiest thing
    to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get irked while people think about worries that they plainly do not know
    about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a signal.
    Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

    Stop by my page; green slimming coffee reviews

    ReplyDelete